Markedu along with Markedu founder Michael Leander has acquired a total of 90% of the shares in Danish event and training company Poets & Plumbers Inc.
Poets & Plumbers A/S was founded in 2008 and quickly became a recognizable brand in the Danish market. With a number of unique event formats and a compelling community and networking component, Poets & Plumbers have been highly visible within the marketing and communication community in Denmark.
Says Michael Leander; “we have been contemplating how Markedu could get a different role in the Danish market for quite some time. When the opportunity to acquire the majority of the shares in Poets & Plumbers came up, we knew we had found the right partner.
Jonathan Winch and the other founders in Poets & Plumbers have done a great job of putting together a winning concept. Now our job is to improve Poets & Plumbers offering to the market.
A few facts about what happens next
- Michael Leander assumes the role of acting CEO in Poets & Plumbers A/S
- For the time being Markedu will be active in Denmark with both the Poets & Plumbers brand and the Markedu brand
- Poets & Plumbers will introduce a number of new event and training formats in Denmark in 2012.
- The marketing Wiki developed by Poets & Plumbers community is likely to be expanded in both English and Danish. you can check the English language Wiki here
- Poets & Plumbers expect to expand the team focused on Denmark over the next months
Testing ground in a mature market
Michael Leander says that Markedu – via the Poets & Plumbers brand – will test a number of new concepts for training and inspiration in Denmark. He says “we are convinced that there is room for a lean, innovative and focused concept for training and inspirational events in Denmark. We will test different models over the next 12 months and bring those that work well to our focus markets in Europe and the Middle East.
-> If you want to stay tuned on our newest developments and get invitation to evens, get the Markedu News Alert here
-> Check out Poets & Plumbers website here
-> See this interview with Poets & Plumbers founder Jonathan Winch talking about his new book